Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tortured Innocence



Click on image for more details.



An innocent soul tormented by it's cage.
Whirling, twirling, metal swirling round and round.
Closer, closer, spinning closer.
Light is growing faint.
Hope disappears into the night.
Will the spinning ever stop?


Whirling copper coils surround a pink lepidolite stone.

I oxidized the copper with Liver of Sulfur.I didn't want the copper to turn black, so I left in for only a couple of seconds. Then I used a brass brush to clean up just a few small areas to highlight it. It gives this piece a polished look, while keeping the dark, ominous feeling, creating an interesting contrast with the pink stone.

4 comments:

GalleryJuana said...

Wow, Wicked! The poem in your blog really sets the mood too.

Simply Wired Custom Jewelry said...

Absolutely lovely. I love the look of pink and oxidized copper together; warm and sultry.

The Nature Nut said...

That is one GORGEOUS piece!!! I love it and the poem goes perfectly with it. Just awesome!

Katie L. said...

That is beautiful!