Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Suppose I Should Introduce Myself ...

Since this is my first blog entry here, I guess it would be best to introduce myself *s*

My name is Donna. I've been making "stuff" for as long as I can remember. I began making and selling beadwork at pow wows when I was a teenager, but had to give it up when my daughter was born (she had a heart condition and could not handle the heat). After that I dabbled in computer graphics (mostly gui design) but never really did a whole lot with it.

Then one day, as I sat at my computer, bored to death, I picked up a paper clip and a pair of small pliers. A few minutes later I had made my first pair of wire earrings. At that point I was hooked. I needed more wire. Then I had to have beads. Then I needed more wire. Soon I had no idea what to do with everything I had made. So, that's when I found etsy. *s*

I started setting up my etsy shop in March 2007. Since then I  have been trying to find ways to promote my shop. Someone suggested I start blogging, so here I am.

I may be starting this blog as a promotional tool, but I plan on writing about more than just my jewelry. I don't want people to feel that all I am doing is trying to sell them something they may not want.

Well, that's me.... for now...
 

2 comments:

MadeByAmanda said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. I hope you have fun keeping up your blog and selling on Etsy (I found your site through your forum post).

Xiane said...

Your new blog looks great! I'll definitely be checking in often; you've got a great writing style already and I liked your story of how you discovered making jewelry!