Thursday, August 16, 2018

New Tutorial Web-Site and Getting Back to Work Again

Yes, I know, it's been a while. I haven't put out a new tutorial in over a year. With so many things happening in my personal life over the past couple years, it's been hard for me to find the energy (or the time) to work on new designs. The bigger problem with that is, I'm really out of practice. It feels almost like I'm starting over and having to re-learn everything I thought I already knew. Well, I guess it's a good thing I wrote all those tutorials over the last 10 years. They're making it a lot easier for me to remember how to do the stuff I should already know how to do ;)

And, since I'm starting over again, I figured I'd also start with a new web-site. Well, for tutorials anyway. You can find it at http://www.WireJewelryTutorials.com.

And now, the pretty stuff.



For the first one I combined techniques from 2 of my tutorials. The Odyssey Woven Bezel tutorial and the Cobra Head Bail tutorial. I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out with this swirling green and gold cabochon that I had made. I was afraid it would be too busy. I'm kind of glad I decided to go for it anyway. It turned out better than I had expected.








For this one, I used the Odyssey Woven Bezel tutorial, but instead of making the spiral at the top, I twisted the wires and made them an extra accent on the bail. I figured it was better to keep the wirework simple on this one so it didn't overshadow the handmade face cabochon.


I made both of the cabochon that I used in these pendants. You can find more of my handmade supplies at Wire and Bead Supplies on Etsy.

If you would like to purchase either of these necklace, you can find them both at Shut Up and Cuff Me on Etsy.

No comments: